Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or PDF document file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations and figures are properly titled, dated and acknowledged, and placed at the end of the text.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
Authors who publish in this journal retain copyright and are required to grant a licence to the journal to allow distribution and reuse, as described in the following agreement.
Author’s grant of rights (Licence to publish)
The author grants to the North Street Review: Arts and Visual Culture, the following:
1. An irrevocable non-exclusive right to reproduce, republish, transmit, distribute, and otherwise use the Work in electronic and print editions of the Journal and in derivative works throughout the world, in all languages, and in all media now known or later developed.
2. An irrevocable non-exclusive right to create and store electronic archival copies of the Work, including the right to deposit the Work in open access digital repositories.
3. An irrevocable non-exclusive right to license others to reproduce, republish, transmit, and distribute the Work in both print and electronic form under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial [BY-NC] Licence
Author’s retained rights
The Journal supports Open Access to scholarly work and applies the Creative Commons licence to ensure access and free use for the widest possible audience. This agreement means that copyright in the Work remains with the Author and the Author retains the right to reuse the article. Provided proper attribution is given and the use is non-commercial, authors are encouraged to use the article in the following ways:
- to deposit the published version in institutional repositories or on a personal website
- to republish in a thesis or book
- to present the article at a meeting or conference
- to use all or part of the article for lecture or class room purposes.
Third party content
Where possible, third party content has been cleared for use under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial [BY-NC] Licence. In some cases, content is included in Works that is available under a different licence, or with All Rights Reserved. If in doubt, users should ask for permissions prior to re-using any third party content contained in North Street Review: Arts and Visual Culture.